Monday, April 23, 2012

Welcome to my Bedroom

On Jan. 20th we were asked to describe our bedrooms in as much detail as we can, so much so that everyone in the class can picture as if they were there. My bedroom is shared by my boyfriend and we have lived in this place since Dec of 2009.

My bedroom is one of my favorite places. It is a place of privacy, a place of comfort, and a place of memories. The carpet is a blue-grey color that had many stains from before we moved in. Memories from lives before. The carpet can barely be seen from underneath the many clothes that cover it.  The ceiling is a popcorn ceiling which we both hate and have talked many times about getting rid of but still after 2 years haven't. On the West wall is the door leading into my room from the kitchen. To the left of the door is a 4 drawer dresser which my boyfriend uses. We were lucky enough to get this dresser with the trailer. On top of the dresser is a mirror and candles. Next to the dresser is a door to the walk in closet that was nominated to be my space. A space full of clothes, some of which are no longer worn but still have not been taken to the good will. Inside the walk in is a 3 drawer dresser that I have had for as long as I can remember. Continuing around the room on the North wall is the window. Often times my cat Tokin will sit by the window and watch the birds in the trees or sometimes the cat next door duck under its trailer. I also have a garden that can be seen outside this window. On the East wall is a small nightstand where I keep a stuffed bunny that I have had since I was born. There is also a lamp that is used for my bedtime reading. Then there is the bed. The bed takes up 1/4 of the bedroom. It has a $2,000 tempra pedic mattress which also came with the trailer. The right side of the bed is mine and the left side is his and my cat usually sleeps next to me because I don't kick him off. One of the things on the bed that holds a lot of memories is a pillow that my boyfriend has had for a long time. I have pictures of him from 2005 where he has the same pillow. Even when there are different pillow cases on it, he still knows when you switch them. Next to his side of the bed is the door to the bathroom and next to the door is a papasan chair which no one ever sits in because clothes usually get piled on top of it. On the South wall is a huge bureau that has 7 drawers and one cabinet. This also came with the trailer. On top is a mirror that covers 1/3 of the wall. The top of the bureau is usually cluttered. Next to the bureau is the TV. The walls of the room are brown as well as our sheets on our bed. The curtains over the window are a deep blue color. These natural colors help me to feel comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment