Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nostalgia

Nostalgia

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term nostalgia describes a yearning for the past, often in idealized form.[1] The word is a learned formation of a Greek compound, consisting of νόστος (nóstos), meaning "homecoming", a Homeric word, and ἄλγος (álgos), meaning "pain, ache". It was described as a medical condition, a form of melancholy, in the Early Modern period, and became an important trope in Romanticism.[1]

In common, less clinical usage, nostalgia sometimes includes a general interest in past eras and their personalities and events, especially the "good old days," such as a sudden image, or remembrance of something from one's childhood."

When I went back home this weekend I experienced nostalgia. There was a flood of memories that filled me. There were so many experiences that I had that I wish I could share with other people.  When going into my old bedroom I see the bright pink carpet that I begged for until I was in tears at about 4 years old. The nails are still on the walls that held 5 dozen roses from my high school sweetheart. My mom tells me that we need to clean up my old room so they can make it into a guest room and I tell her that she has to do it because I have trouble getting rid of the stuff myself. My cat Milo that was born when I was a junior is still lazying around the house. He looks much older and it is a visual for the years that have pasted. The pet deer Cutie is also still around. She is fixing to have her 5th set of twins.  My dad has accumulated more pet deer. You can stand out on the deck and feed a heard of 20 that stand right on the lawn. There is a pet calf that is being bottle fed so I volunteered to do that. It reminds me of our calf Bandit that I raised and we still have. He is a large bull but is still so tame you can stand right next to him and feed and pet him. All these memories are so precious to me but I know that nobody else will understand or have the same nostalgia as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment