Monday, April 23, 2012

Imaginal people in my life

On Feb. 8th we talked about Imaginal people. One of the Imaginal people that I remember from my life was my Imaginary friend Squeako. He lived in my blankey which I still have. I remember many times my brother making fun of me and he would throw my blanket over my head which used to make me so mad. He never really had a specific look to him and I'm not quite sure why I named his Squeako, I think maybe because he squeaked a lot. But one this is for sure. I will remember him for my who life. When I reached a certain age I knew that I was too old to have a imaginary friend so I pretended that he moved from my blankey to this big tower that we had in one of our pastures. I visited him a couple times after that but the visits soon dwindled down to nothing.

When Prof. Sexson talked about throwing a party for our Imaginal people this movie came to mind: http://theperfecthostmovie.com/

This makes me wonder about people and their pets. Many of us talk to our pets. I do quite often talk to my cat Tokin. Of course I never expect him to say anything back or to even understand me. So what is it that makes us want to do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment